How do I find the perfect prom dress online?
Before you take the plunge and start shopping for your prom dress, there are a few things to consider:
- The dress code — The dress code will dictate the event's formality, so it’s important to keep this in mind. Once you’ve determined what dress style is appropriate, you can begin sifting through the options and ditching those that are too casual or have an inappropriate hemline.
- Choose a gown that suits your style — You want to find a gown that makes you feel as confident and gorgeous as you look. Sticking true to your style and finding a silhouette you feel comfortable in will allow you to be yourself without any restrictions, tugging, or pulling at the seams. While some like to take risks, you can always play it safe and find a style that lets your personality shine.
When you shop at Glitterati online or in-store, it’s easy to find a silhouette shape you’ll instantly fall in love with. From our AMARRA collection to our limited edition Jovani gowns and Sherri Hill prom selection, you’ll find fashion-forward silhouettes you can reach for when the event calls for sophisticated and elegant attire.
- Give yourself plenty of time — Panic buying doesn’t provide you with the best outcome. We always recommend beginning your search for the perfect gown at least two or three months before the event so that you can plan for any unexpected shipping or delivery delays.
- Find a cut that flatters your body type — From mermaid and ball gowns to A-line silhouettes, column cuts, and everything in between, finding a dress that fits and flatters your figure is key to living in the moment, creating memories, and enjoying the event.
- Set a budget and stick to it — With so many incredible gowns to browse through online, it can be easy to blow your budget with just one click. Before you get carried away, set a price limit with your parents and stick to it. When you shop at Glitterati, you can browse and filter via category, occasion, and price range, so there’s no need to fear you’ll venture into unaffordable territory.
Is there a difference between senior prom and junior prom?
Yes. Senior proms usually have a sleeker, more formal dress code, allowing you to dress to the nines and slip into a floor-skimming gown that radiates elegance and sophistication.
Look for contemporary silhouettes in monochrome shades and adorn a style with soft trims, embellished accents, and delicate sequins that refract the light. You can opt for sleeveless, strapless, off-the-shoulder necklines decorated with intricate stitch detailing and gorgeous feathers or show a hint of skin with a thigh-high side split.
On the other hand, the dress code for junior proms tends to be a little less formal but still calls for opulent gowns that billow as you twirl and shuffle on the dance floor. For junior proms, look for full tulle skirts, two-piece sets, and mid-length A-line silhouettes, and have fun with voluminous chiffon fabrics, glitzy sequin accents, and intricate detailing.
How can I properly size a dress when buying online?
At Glitterati Style, we understand that everybody and every body is unique. That’s why we offer a huge range of inclusive styles, with a complete plus-size category for you to browse. If you’re still unsure, we have a sizing guide that suggests a size based on your bust, waist, and hip measurements. If the style you are ordering fits differently from the measurements in our trusty chart, our team will contact you and recommend another option that suits your proportions better.
Do you accept returns online?
Due to the delicate nature of our impeccably crafted gowns, we do not provide product refunds or allow for returns. However, you can exchange styles. If you have questions regarding what size to order, do not hesitate to contact us at (978) 539-8580 ext # 5. Our friendly customer service team will be happy to review your measurements or help you find a size that fits like a dream.